For the sweet potato…
1 large orange sweet potato
1 large purple or white sweet potato
2 tbsp. olive oil
Salt & Pepper to season
For the Tangy Aioli
2 free range egg yolks
1 lemon, juiced
1/2 tsp. gluten free dijon mustard (optional- it does still work without it!)
1/4 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. pepper
3/4-1 cup macadamia oil
- Pre-heat the oven to 200ºC and line 2 baking trays with baking paper
- Cut the sweet potato into wedges and spread out on the baking paper
- Season with salt and pepper, and drizzle with olive oil
- Allow to cook for 30-35 minutes, or until slightly crunchy (you may need to adjust this time slightly based on your oven- I’ve cooked them at a friends house on the same temp and it took less time!)
- Meanwhile, crack egg yolks into a deep mixing bowl
- Add lemon juice, salt, pepper and mustard
- Using a stick blender, combine these ingredients
- SLOWLY, very SLOWLY start to add the oil about 1 tbsp. at a time. Continue adding and mixing with your blender until all oil has run out. If you have used 3/4 cup of oil and the mixture is still too runny, try adding a bit more and stir well.
TIP: as you get closer to the end of the oil, you can add more oil at a time (i.e. closer to 4 tbsp.)
TIP 2: I have also seen this done in a blender- give it a go!
- Set aioli aside and serve with your sweet potato fries once they have cooked!