Peppermint Chocolate Recipe
Looking for a delicious chocolate alternative this Easter? Try out this Peppermint Chocolate recipe with just 4 essential ingredients. It’s also Paleo-friendly, gluten-free, dairy-free, vegan and autoimmune paleo-friendly!
- 1 cup cacao powder or carob powder
*For AIP friendly version, choose carob powder
- ½ cup coconut oil
- 4-5 drops of doTerra peppermint essential oil
- 3-4 tbsp. sweetener of choice (e.g. honey, maple syrup, rice malt syrup)
*For a Vegan option choose rice malt syrup or maple syrup
- Dash of salt (optional, though it tastes great!)
- Melt the coconut oil in a saucepan over very low heat
- Add in your sweetener of choice and stir to combine
- Add in the cacao powder or carob powder (for a smoother texture it is best to sift in first). Whisk the cacao powder until everything looks shiny
- Remove from heat, continue to whisk until it is completely smooth
- Add in peppermint essential oil. Give it a quick stir and taste (someone has to do it, right?). Adjust sweetness if needed
- Pour into chocolate moulds, or just into a flat baking tray and place in the freezer to set
- Remove once set, break into pieces and serve!
Looking For More Delicious Chocolate Recipes?
Check out my previous recipes for: