This week we have a guest post from the lovely Karlie aka: cocomotionmumma (how cool is that name!?). I asked Karlie to help me educate you lovely ladies on the power of essential oils. Before you “pooh-pooh” the idea. Hear a sista’ out. She also has a neat offer for ya’ll when you get to the end. Over to you cocomotionmumma (gosh I enjoy saying that!)…
When trying to reach optimal health, or what I like to describe as Heart-Fully Healthy, there are a few key areas that are important to have dialled in.
We often spend so much time worrying about how we are going to nourish our bodies and fit in the perfect workout that we often neglect to see other key aspects to our regime. Do you have a hunch what it is I am referring to?
Sleep and Stress!
With these two components out of whack, our bodies do not function like a well-oiled machine and can, therefore, prevent us from reaching our health goals. Sometimes getting on top of a good night’s sleep and managing stress (from work, family, kids, friends, or even exercise) needs some natural assistance.
What if I told you that Essential Oils could be the natural tool to a good night’s sleep and lead a reduced stress life.
These amazing naturally occurring, volatile aromatic compounds, are found in the seeds, bark, stems, roots, flowers, and other parts of plants. They can be both beautifully and powerfully fragrant. To my surprise, they have become a gorgeous part of my families life and fit nicely into our health tool kit. They can be used for an array of reasons, coughs, and colds, boosting immunity, treating sore muscles and more importantly for relaxation, stress reduction and aiding sleep.
So what exactly do you do with them? These little bottles of oily goodness are pretty versatile and can be used aromatically, topically and even ingested*.
Top 5 Oils to Aid Sleep and manage feelings of Stress
- Lavender – Often considered a go to Oil, especially when it comes to it’s calming and relaxation properties. Diffuse Lavender in your bedroom at night time to assist you unwind or place a few drops on your pillow to promote a good night sleep.
- Clary Calm – A gorgeous blend of oils (Clary Sage, Lavender, Bergamot, Roman Chamomile, Cedarwood, Ylang Ylang, Geranium, Fennel) that comes in an easy to use roller bottle that can be kept in your bag and applied to pulse points when feeling stressed or experiencing anxious feelings. Clary Calm aids in balancing hormones as well as emotional mood swings.
- Serenity – A heavenly blend that has a calming and relaxing aroma that soothes the soul. Used to lessen feelings of tension, calm emotions, and promote relaxation. Serenity can be diffused, used topically on pulse points as a perfume or utilised by placing a drop on your hand, rubbing them together and inhaling.
- Balance – A warm, woody grounding blend that creates a sense of calm and wellbeing. Contains a mix of Spruce, Ho Wood, Frankincense, Blue Tansy, and Blue Chamomile that promote feelings of tranquility and relaxation. Gorgeous to diffuse on it’s on, or with ‘Serenity’. Start your day feeling calm and tranquil by placing Balance on the bottom of your feet or on pulse points.
- Frankincense – The king daddy of Essential Oils. Frankincense’s use in prayer and meditation dates back to ancient times. It is rich in sesquiterpenes, molecules that penetrate the blood-brain barrier, promoting the transfer of oxygen to the brain and therefore allowing you to feel a sense of calm. Place 1-2 drops under your tongue to help support cellular health, diffuse in your home or rub onto soles of your feet.
For the Health by Wholefoods tribe, I would love to extend the offer of a FREE oils consultation to assist in a more strategize and natural approach to taking care of your health.
If you are interested in learning how Essential Oils can assist naturally support your health, be beneficial in your home or with your family, please get in contact (via email or txt) with me or attend an introductory class on the 16th July. Click here to find out more details and RSVP.
Or if you are feeling ready to get started with Essential Oils, click on the following link www.mydoterra.com/cocomotionmumma
* Please note, not all essential oils are created equal. Please get in contact to allow me to share with you the brand that can be safely used aromatically, topically and ingested.
Email – firstname.lastname@example.org
Phone – 0438 115 579
Facebook/Instagram – @cocomotionmumma
Website – www.mydoterra.com/cocomotionmumma